Nov. 28, Thankfulness: Tasks finished

Old aloe vera
Old aloe vera
New plants
New plants

I shouldn’t use the word finished in my title, but it is as far as I am going today. I worked on the house plants that needed dividing and repotting and just plain trimming. The kitchen and dinning room were a mess of leaves that I had to sweep up at least twice. I figure when Paulina leaves (pun/pun) for Jamestown and James is back in school on Monday, I will have time to clean a bit better than the lick and promise I gave it today.

Cutting apart the snake plant.
Cutting apart the snake plant.
Snake plants get new homes.
Snake plants get new homes.

The picture above is just a few of the new plants I potted. There are 6 new aloe vera plants and I am not sure how many I ended up of the cactus. I took the aloe vera out of the pot you barely see on the far right of the picture on the right. I put the Christmas cactus, or at least three parts of it into that pot. They seem to grow better in those pots, for me at least. The poor thing was dying in the pot it was in. I converted that into a snake plant pot. I had no intention of dealing with the snake plant until I realized it was busting out of its pot and dying to boot. I am really tired of how these plants have overgrown this house. It was great in Jamestown when we had an enclosed porch and I had lots of room for them. Here there is basically no place for plants in the winter. I should advertise them and maybe someone would actually want a few. Of course, I do want them taken care of, but for the most part, I just want my space back.

Vine plant.
Vine plant.

The last thing I worked on is where I should have started. I finally took the vine off the top of the curio and snipped it up a bit. I found what is still viable and saved that. I then found what was no longer attached and got rid of that. It took a bit of cleaning to tidy up the mess, but I am hoping the plant will come back to life and put out some new growth. I also think the next watering for all the plants needs to be a fertilizing also. Paulina is laughing at me. She commented that I am having such a fit about getting rid of plants then instead of just trimming, I repot and end up with three where there was only one. The truth is this: Repotted aloe vera is now 1 old and 6 new, repotted Christmas cactus is 3 plants, repotted snake plant is 3 plants, vine was trimmed leaving it at one plant with some possible new ones in water, and then 2 kalanchoe were tossed to repot 1. (Hurray on that idea).

Advertisements

Hi: I would love to hear your comment on this post.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s